Working as a CNA in Michigan will set you up for a good career in healthcare, with good prospects. As one of the main States for nursing jobs, you’re also looking at a relatively secure career. Before you can apply for jobs, you’ll need to sit exams in order to be qualified and licensed.
To help you get ready, there’s a good range of colleges and programs providing CNA training classes, both online and campus-based training and help you learn the subject and prepare for the exams.
Requirements for CNA Training
Take a look at the accredited list of schools and colleges below – you can request a free information pack from any of the schools and you’ll receive details of the entry requirements for the program and financial assistance the school can offer. Most schools will require that:
- You have a State photo ID or driver’s licence
- You are over 17 years old
- You are a high school graduate (or equivalent)
In addition, you might also be asked to take and pass a tuberculosis health check, a drug screening test and potentially a criminal background check.
The programs at each school will vary, but the core topics you’ll cover will include:
- Human anatomy
- How to administer medication
- How to manage an emergency situation
- Some elements of taking samples and testing
- Managing bathing and clothing a patient
- Rights of a patient
Costs of a CNA training course
Typically, a course from one of the schools listed on this site will cost around $1000. This provides you with the training you need to complete the state requirement for 160 hours training and you’ll then be ready to take the state certification exam (for which there’s normally no charge from the state, but the school might charge for the preparation and exam room costs).
Average CNA salary in Michigan
Once you have your certificate, you can start looking for a job. Average salaries in the state are approx $26000 per year.
Find an accredited CNA school
We’ve listed a range of accredited colleges below; they offer CNA courses and will provide a free information pack: just click the ‘Request Info’ button, enter your zip and you’ll receive a free information pack covering the course, program, costs and financial aid available.
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Assistant
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Diploma in Medical Assistant
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant